Thursday, March 21, 2013

"I put the PRO in PROZAC" Wristbands

I designed and ordered a few "I put the PRO in PROZAC" wristbands to sell on my website. I will also be giving them away to anyone who buys a paperback book (to be released Tuesday, March 26).

Yesterday, I gave them to a few family members so they could sport their support for my book and our community of healing. I jokingly asked one of my brothers, who is in his 20's, if he would wear the wristband around the university campus he attends.

I only thought he wouldn't want to wear it because it is pink and he is a guy, but the first thing he said was, "No, way. I don't want anyone thinking I take Prozac."

And there it was, the influence of the stigma. I said, "That is exactly the point." In that moment, he realized my mission. Today, he is wearing the wristband and doesn't care who sees.

God is great!

The information contained on this blog is intended to be educational and not for diagnosis, prescription, or treatment of any mental illness. The information should not replace consultation with a competent healthcare provider or mental health professional. The content of this blog is intended to be used in adjunct to a rational and responsible healthcare or psychotherapy program. Beca Mark or CTL Press, Inc. is in no way liable for any misuse of the material contained on this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment